Calling all artists! We are delighted to invite students from High Performance Learning Schools (including Pathway Schools) to enter our fantastic HPL Global Art competition. The theme for your artwork is ‘Empathy’- an essential VAA for High Performing Learners.
The competition is open to all 3-18-year-olds in HPL schools. Participants must enter through their school. Schools can enter in one or more of the following categories:
- Category 1: Ages 3-7 (Early Years and Lower Primary)
- Category 2: Ages 7-11 (Upper Primary)
- Category 3: Ages 11-14 (Lower Secondary)
- Category 4: Ages 14-16 (Upper Secondary)
- Category 5: Ages 16-18 (Post 16)
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
It is important that you read this section carefully and that you ensure all work adheres to the requirements.
- One only entry per person. Artwork submitted must be 2D (by this we mean it should be relatively flat).
- Size should be either A5, A4 or A3
- Entries can be produced on paper or card.
- The photograph filename must include the name of the student, the school and the entry category e.g. Chetan Mistry Royal Dubai School Category 2.
- Entrants can use a range of materials and techniques from the following list: drawing (e.g. pencil, pen, crayon, pastel, etc.), painting and collage (photography can be integrated into the piece but we will not accept a standalone photographic entry). Sculptures and models are not allowed.
- The closing date is 14 March 2021.
- Entries will be judged on both originality and artistic merit. Judges will be looking for a creative, imaginative and inspiring response to the theme.
- Winners will be announced by the end of March 2021.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Three winners will be identified in each age group - 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place. Additional entries may be highly commended by the judges.
- All winners and highly commended entries will receive a certificate. Winning entries will be displayed in a virtual gallery on the High Performance Learning Website.
The very best of luck to everyone taking part.