The World Class School Award Scheme
The 2-year HPL World Class School Award Scheme provides a systematic transformational change process which enables a school to adopt the HPL philosophy and framework, to reach the demanding standards required for accreditation as an HPL World Class School and to secure entry into The Fellowship of HPL World Class Schools. The Scheme is aimed at the school’s Senior Leadership who, supported by us, will lead the adoption within the school and take ownership for its successful implementation. The HPL framework builds on the school’s existing good practice and further enhances teaching and learning to come closer to the goal of every child reaching high levels of performance.
Accreditation as a World Class School is a prestigious achievement; recognising the very best schools in the world at the forefront of educational practice. It is an acknowledgement that a school has met very demanding standards for exemplifying total school commitment to high performance, resulting in more fulfilled teachers and students who achieve great things.
At the end of the award scheme, your school will undertake a formal accreditation process which confirms your compliance against the HPL World Class School standards and, provided you are successful, you will be accredited with the prestigious HPL World Class School Award and recognised as a school which provides an exceptional level of education.
Those achieving World Class School status are then eligible to join The Fellowship of HPL World Class Schools; a community that drives what it means to be world-class, shaping educational futures with ambitious, like-minded educationalists.
Benefits to your school
Schools achieving this prestigious award transform the way they function. They will have changed attitudes and practices amongst staff, students and parents and see that translated into better results and outcomes for their students.
- Significantly uplifts learner performance
- Improves learner self-efficacy, engagement and enjoyment
- Improves the quality and consistency of teaching and learning
- Enhances teacher satisfaction and retention
- Embeds the HPL ACPs and VAAs as a common language for teaching and learning
- Confirms the school is fully aligned to HPL philosophy and standards
- Once accredited, you become part of a prestigious global community of exceptional schools
- The Award is validated every three years
This is a prestigious quality mark recognising the very best schools in the world.
Who is the High Performance Learning World Class Award for?
The Award Scheme is for schools who are already high performing and are now looking for a next step which will enable them to:
- Identify a next set of goals which keep their school at the forefront of education
- Further increase the percentage of students attaining highly
- Promote well-being and create a positive culture amongst staff and students
- Meet parental expectations, as all children are capable of great things
- Improve teacher culture and performance (attitudes & practices)
- Improve learner outcomes (ACPs, VAAs, attainments)
- Provide a strategic programme of CPD for school leadership
Contact Us Now
Any questions? Want to know more? Contact Dr. Rebecca Glass now to discover how your school embed High Performance Learning.
Call: (+44)1993 222408
Details of the HPL World Class School Scheme
The scheme comprises ten main elements:
- Intensive Professional Development (PD) event for Senior Leaders
- A bespoke adoption process and associated tools
- Monthly Leadership Coaching support to help the school stay on track
- Access to the HPL framework and associated intellectual property
- Classroom materials and downloadable PD workshops to support the introduction of HPL
- Impact measurement tools to monitor progress and impact
- A one-day leadership support visit from your coach to undertake PD with staff
- Pre-accreditation support and a validated accreditation process
- Designated status as an HPL Pathway School
- Graduation into The Fellowship of World Class Schools
Schools may choose to opt for additional support via the Supported World Class School Award and benefit from additional training in how to implement HPL in the classroom. This extra support comprises an additional professional development, blended learning element for Middle Leaders and classroom teachers led by an HPL Associate who is a classroom specialist.
The Supported Award adds:
- 2 days of PD delivered in the school setting and focused on The Performance Classroom, and aspects of the ACPs and VAA namely Meta-Thinking, Linking and Agile
- 2 half-day online PD modules focused on Analysing and Hardworking
- 2 half-day online clinics to provide individual staff or departments with bespoke support
- Two free HPL Annual Conference places (exclusive of travel and accommodation).
Discover what senior leaders in our schools have said about the HPL World Class School Award.
Read more testimonials from HPL schools at www.highperformancelearning.co.uk/impact/testimonials
If you have questions about High Performance Learning or the World Class School Award scheme we would love to hear from you.
You can find out more about the High Performance Learning World Class School Award scheme and how it can benefit your school by downloading our information pack.
If you are ready to take the next step, you can download the registration form now.